We work very closely with local schools and our aim is to help students in all age groups with their important options and career decisions. We look to support the schools in any way we can. The activities detailed below are by no means exhaustive and we are happy to discuss new and exciting way of engaging and informing students about the options open to them.
In School Activities and Events
- Class Assemblies for year 10 and 11 introducing the course provision offered at Brooklands College as well as an insight into life at College and the application process itself.
- Drop In sessions providing a more specific one to one assistance for students that have questions about a particular course or queries about the application process.
- Workshops to groups. These tailored workshops can be of great assistance if a more in-depth understanding is required about a particular course provision. We have for example delivered topics such as; Understanding the Vocational Route and What is an Apprenticeship? In the school
- Attendance at School Post 16 and Careers events
- Attendance at School year 10 and 11 parents’ evenings to answer specific questions about the course options at Brooklands College.
College Activities and Events
- Open Events throughout the year. These have proved to be an essential part of the student decision making process. Seeing the facilities and speaking to the tutors helps clarify potential career paths.
- Year 10 Taster Events providing the opportunity for the students to undertake a couple of hours in the subject area of their choice.
- Department specific events. Department end of year shows and subject specific events give focus to students already interested in a particular subject area. The Art & Design and Media shows for example showcase the students work and we actively try to help schools promote recognised initiatives for example STEM and Apprenticeship Week by holding associated events at the College.
- College tours for school groups
- Career and progression events are held at the College to help highlight the wealth of opportunities available.
We would encourage students, parents and schools to contact our schools liaison department to discuss how we can help you on an individual basis. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or if you would like more information.