This qualification is intended for those who want to become a qualified electrican.
This qualification is intended for those who want to gain the underlying knowledge to progress onto an Electrotechnical Apprenticeship and into industry. The Level 2 qualification is designed for new entrants to the industry, providing them with the basic skills and experience they need. The qualification covers many areas within Electro technical technology, units such as principles of electrical science, electrical installations technology and health and safety within Building Services Engineering.
During the Summer of 2018, the Construction area at the Ashford Campus has been reconfigured to accommodate the new workshop for Electrical Installation. The facilities boast electrical testing areas, separate testing booths and classroom facilities for theoretical teaching sessions.
At level 2 you will study and be assessed in the subjects below:
• Health and safety in building services engineering
• Principles of electrical science
• Electrical installations technology
• Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
• Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
• Functional skills or GCSE (English, mathematics)
• Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor, compass, eraser, line paper and a ring binder
• Steel or composite toe safety shoes or boots (can be arranged by Brooklands College)
• One piece Brooklands College Engineering Overalls (available on enrolment)
• Safety glasses.
Cost for steel toe capped boots and electricians overalls approximately £40.
All learners materials - £50
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
5 GCSE passes including 1 GCSE at grade C/grade 4 and above or for progressing student’s successful achievement of a level 1 vocational qualification.
This course could lead onto an Electrical Apprenticeship or progression onto Level 3.
Attending one of our Open Events is an opportunity to talk to knowledgeable tutors and view our excellent facilities