Brooklands Grove Development
Brooklands College and Cala Homes have submitted a planning application to Elmbridge Borough Council seeking permission to comprehensively upgrade the Brooklands College campus in Weybridge.
This follows over a year of consultation including engaging with neighbouring residents and the wider Weybridge community, holding an in-person public exhibition, and a dedicated Brooklands Grove website where visitors could find out more information and view an online Virtual Exhibition. Feedback was taken on board and the plans were submitted in May 2023
If approved, the scheme will invest £45 million into the College and deliver new homes including 128 affordable homes for local families and a wide range of community benefits including a new Sports Centre, a community hub and public access to 12 hectares of woodland.
The scheme will:
- Upgrade the teaching facilities to create a college of the future that will inspire students and support their learning and skills and enable the college to better serve the needs of the local community;
- Deliver much needed Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) provision within a new purpose-built SEND facility;
- Deliver a new sports centre and community space for the use of the College and the wider local community;
- Refurbish and renew the site’s significant listed mansion building, returning it to its historic residential use and securing its maintenance and upkeep for the future;
- Provide 320 new homes of which 40% will be affordable homes providing a mix of rented housing, shared ownership and discounted first homes;
- Open up 12 hectares of woodland for newly accessible public use.
- Generate revenue for the college to pay off substantial debt owed to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in order to secure the college’s long-term future;