This qualification is intended for those who want to gain the underlying knowledge to progress onto an Electro technical Apprenticeship and into industry.
The Level 3 qualification is designed for learners who have completed Level 2 and can form part of an apprenticeship framework. The qualification covers many areas within Electro technical technology, units such as principles of electrical science, electrical installations technology and health and safety within Building Services Engineering.
During the Summer of 2018, the Construction area at the Ashford Campus has been reconfigured to accommodate the new workshop for Electrical Installation. The facilities boast electrical testing areas, separate testing booths and classroom facilities for theoretical teaching sessions.
At level 3 you will study and be assessed in the subjects below:
• Health and safety in building services engineering
• Principles of electrical science
• Electrical installations technology
• Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
• Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
• Functional skills or GCSE (English, mathematics)
Successful achievement of a level 2 vocational qualification.
Candidates will be assessed by on-demand multiple choice tests, on-going assessment and on-line exam.
• Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor, compass, eraser, line paper and a ring binder
• Steel or composite toe safety shoes or boots (can be arranged by Brooklands College)
• One piece Brooklands College Engineering Overalls (available on enrolment)
• Safety glasses.
Cost for steel toe capped boots and electricians overalls approximately £40.
All learners materials - £50
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
5 GCSE passes at grade C/grade 4 or above, ideally including English and Maths (some subject areas may require higher grades than grade C/4 in a specific subject), or for progressing students successful achievement of a level 2 vocational qualification.
The qualification can lead directly into employment, offering learners the chance to develop their skills and knowledge to a high
standard recognised by the industry.
Attending one of our Open Events is an opportunity to talk to knowledgeable tutors and view our excellent facilities