The families and invited guests of students nominated for an award came together on Wednesday evening to enjoy a complimentary three-course meal in Brooks Restaurant.
Selected by the College’s Senior Leadership Team, level 3 Business student Vincente Canas, Science apprentice Rachel Denney and Conor Diss, a final year Travel & Tourism student, were awarded with a personalised glass plaque. Certificates were presented to nominated students by Christine Ricketts, Interim Principal, with the nominations being announced by Assistant Principal Simon Lovegrove.
The nominated students were:
– Applied Science: Rachael French
– Apprentice of the Year: Rachel Denney
– Beauty Therapy: J’ane Querico
– Business: Vincente Canas
– Bricklaying: Naomi Hamilton
– Child Studies: Jessica Gould
– Computing: Zak Smith
– Construction: Jamie Wenman
– Engineering Manufacturing: Luke Scott
– English & Maths: Mihaela Arisan
– SEND & Transition: Lewis Elliott-Foster
– Motor Vehicle Engineering: Callum Crawley
– Travel & Tourism: Conor Diss
Rachel Denney, 20, received a nomination as the Apprentice of the Year and sees herself running a lab in five years time whilst Business student Vincente Canas and Zak Smith, who studies Computing, wish to complete an apprenticeship following the completion of their studies at Brooklands College.
The College would like to express its gratitude for the generosity of Brooklands Museum, Topgolf and Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Complex in donating awards for the event.
A full set of photos are now available on our Facebook page.
We caught up with the nominated students about where they see themselves in five years time and the best bits about Brooklands…