How To: Keep Your Chakras In Balance
Monday, 7th June 2021
This week we’re talking about keeping your chakras in balance to aid wellbeing at home…
What are Chakras?
There are 7 main chakras of the body:
- Root Chakra – This Chakra is located at the base of your spine. The meaning behind this chakra is physical identity, stability and grounding. The colour red represents this chakra.
- Sacral Chakra- This chakra is located below the belly button and just above the pubic bone. This chakra is connected to our feelings of self worth and more specifically our self worth around pleasure, sexuality and creativity. The colour orange represents this.
- Solar plexus chakra- This is located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area. This chakra is associated with self-esteem and confidence and is represented by the colour yellow.
- Heart Chakra- This Chakra is located in the centre of the chest just above the heart area. It represents love and compassion. It represents the ability to love and connect to others. The colour green represents this chakra.
- Throat Chakra- This is located in the throat. This chakra is connected to the ability to communicate verbally. It is represented by the colour blue.
- Third eye chakra- This chakra is located between the eyes, on the forehead which is why it is also known as the ‘brow chakra’. The meaning behind this chakra is intuition and imagination. The colour indigo represents this chakra.
- Crown chakra- This is located at the very top of the head and the crown chakra is linked to every other chakra. This chakra doesn’t just affect all the other organs it also affects the brain and nervous system. The meaning behind this chakra is awareness and intelligence. This colour violet or white represents this chakra.
How can I do this at home?
Yoga and meditation can help since working through all the chakras helps bring all the chakras into parasympathetic balance. Over time you can sense which chakras are out of balance. Furthermore each chakra has poses which help to cleanse the chakras and the mind.
Breathing can help balance and deeply connect to the chakras. You can try this at home, by taking a deep breath and giving particular focus onto one of the Chakras, this will help you to connect your body and charge the Chakras with energy. Trying this at home every morning or evening can be part of your routine and give you some well deserved time to yourself. This is a great method you can use alongside our Hot Stone Massages!
– Tutorial created by Ellie and Ella, Level 3 Beauty Therapy students