Brooklands has a team of Wellbeing Officers who work closely with the curriculum areas to provide students with advice and support on personal and welfare related issues.
The team provide a day to day response to safeguarding and wellbeing concerns and referrals to help students reach their full potential to flourish at Brooklands College. The Team are an important point of contact for all students, tutors and wider family / guardians to offer support and guidance throughout their time at college.
Our support includes;
- Family support
- Student support
- Food bank referrals
- Mental health support – helping to build emotional resilience and independence
- Relationship support
- Counselling referrals
- Appointment based or drop in support
- Pastoral support (friendly ear) to students experiencing social or emotional issues
- Internally: bursary, work experience, Youth Hub
- Externally: housing, local charities, food bank