Fully online learning and assessment. Gain understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties.
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. You will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
|16 - 19 | POA|
|Reduced Cost  | £30|
|Full Cost | £724|
For more information on the funding available. view our student finance page.
|AOL2ILDQ/232301||Weybridge||25 Weeks||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday||-||02/01/2024|
Key-workers across the nation are finding it incredibly challenging during the COVID-19 pandemic. They are the backbone of the UK, working hard to help care for others. Among these humble heroes is Brooklands College alumni Jordan Jennings. Read more
Brooklands College Weybridge Campus
Heath Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8TT
Brooklands College Ashford Campus
Stanwell Road, Ashford TW15 3DU