What does the qualification cover?
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a senior role with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
It has three pathways:
• Generic Health and Social Care
• Learning Disability
Who is it aimed at?
All those who are working in a senior role with adults in health and social care environments in England.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years of age and working in a supervisory role in a health and social care setting with adults.
How many credits are required to complete the qualification?
The Diploma will require 58 credits in total.
How is it assessed?
It will be internally assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
How long will it take to complete?
Learners can usually complete the Diploma in a year or less.
What related qualifications can learners progress to?
Level 5 QCF qualifications for management or senior practitioner roles in health and social care.
Which type of job roles can learners apply for on completion?
• Senior care support workers in residential settings
• Senior healthcare assistants in community and primary care environments
• Senior healthcare assistants / support workers in acute health environments
• Senior care support workers in domiciliary services or supported living
• Senior care support workers in day services
• Community-based senior support workers, including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
This course is a roll on/roll off course so can be started at any point during the academic year.
Cost dependant upon criteria/assessment.
All students are subject to a £20 registration fee per academic year.